Spain has a long-standing tradition of university education and it has become a very attractive destination for international students. The low cost of education and the high quality of teaching are hallmarks of the Spanish public higher education system.
The Spanish University System
- The Spanish university system is comprised of a total of 81 universities: 52 public universities and 29 private ones.
- There are 1,5 million university students: most studying at public universities because they guarantee a high level of quality and tuition fees are very low.
- The Spanish government is fostering research and links between universities and companies. The objective is for the main Spanish universities to soon be among the best universities in the world.
- Proof of this is that several Spanish universities have been recognized as International Campuses of Excellence.
Other University Services
- Universities have offices for foreign students and universities and they follow policies for the full integration of all students in university and everyday life. The university offices have a long-standing tradition of caring for students and helping them resolve any issues related to their stay (housing, healthcare, paperwork, transport…)
- Enrolment in university allows one access to sports fields, libraries, Internet and Wi-Fi connections, and education is also supported by a Virtual Campus.
- GEC, Education Management Consultants (Gestión Educativa Consultores): GEC is constantly in contact with Spanish universities at a representative Spanish Universities. The aim of GEC is to staff at universities supporting GEC students and facilitations.
Conclusion Studying and Living in Spain: an Investment
A key fact: studying and living in Spain is an investment, which at the same time lets you enjoy an unforgettable stay. Living and education costs are affordable; the advantages for the future are significant.
GEC offers proven experience and access to a broad network of Educations Institutions of Spain and collaboration agreements between Spanish and Asian universities.